Foreign Residents Support Center (FRESC)

Foreign Residents Support Center (FRESC)

The Foreign Residents Support Center (FRESC) is a consultation center that supports foreign nationals who live and work in Japan. It is located in Yotsuya Tower near JR Yotsuya Station in Shinjuku. FRESC provides advice for foreign nationals, supports companies that wish to employ foreign nationals, and supports local governments that provide assistance to foreign nationals. FRESC works together with residential organizations to improve the environment for accepting foreign nationals through various support initiatives related to foreign nationals' lives in Japan.

FRESC Address

Foreign Residents Support Center (FRESC)
Yotsuya Tower 13F, 1-6-1 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-0004
Navi-Dial: 0570-011000
(For some IP phones and calls from overseas, please call 03-5363-3013)
Googler Map - Click here

FRESC Opening hours
What kind of consultation services are available at FRESC?

FRESC offers consultations regarding various matters related to foreign nationals’ stays in Japan. Our services can be used by foreign nationals (individuals), and individuals or businesses that associate with foreign nationals.

Examples of consultations at FRESC:

  • "I want to continue working in Japan, but I can't find a job."
  • "I want to change jobs from my current one."
  • "We want to hire foreign nationals and expand our business overseas. What should we do?"
  • "I am being forced to do overtime at work and it is causing me issues."
  • "My husband is abusing me and I need help."
  • "My child was born, so I want my family to come over to Japan from my home country."
  • "I’m thinking of divorcing my spouse. What will happen to my child’s custody and status of residence?"

What kind of consultation counters are available at FRESC?

There are eight consultation counters.

  • Immigration Services Agency (Information Disclosure Office)
  • Tokyo Regional Immigration Services Bureau
  • Tokyo Legal Affairs Bureau, Human Rights Department
  • Japan Legal Support Center (Houterasu)
  • Ministry of Foreign Affairs Visa Information
  • Tokyo Employment Service Center for Foreigners
  • Tokyo Labor Bureau Consultation and Support Office for Foreign Workers
  • Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)

For more information, please click here.

Can I make a reservation by email?

Reservations can be made via email. The email is
When sending the email, please include:

  • The date and time you would like to come for consultation
  • Name (*Consultation is still available even if no name is included.)
  • Number of people
  • Contact information (phone number/email)
  • Whether or not you can speak Japanese
  • What you want to discuss

Share this Post