GaijinPot has prepared an excellent material for "Introduction to Japanese"
It covers following topics
- Word Order, Introduction to Particles, and the verb ”to be”
- Continuation of Particles and Verb Conjugation
- Introducing yourself and asking questions
- Plain form verbs
- Connective form and how to do requests
- Giving and receiving objects and actions
- Politeness in Japanese
- Particle usage and review
- Potential form
- About The Author
Once you complete the series, you will hopefully be able to understand Japanese as it is used in everyday situations to a certain degree, as well as to read and understand basic Japanese concerning everyday topics. In terms of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test, this series should leave you somewhere near level three.